Foreign Bank Accounts
A foreign bank account is an account that has been opened in a county where you do not reside. These accounts are most often referred to as offshore bank accounts.
We can assist with the opening of the bank account for you. In order to open a bank account the applicant must provide the necessary “due diligence” or “know your client” information. These documents are as follows:
- Completed original bank account application with notarized signature of signatory
- Original bank reference letter usually by a Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or an Attorney
- Original bank reference letter
- Notarized copy of passport and driver’s license or any other recognized national identification card
- Original or notarized copy of a recent utility bill with full name and complete physical address
The reference letters are required to be addressed to the bank that the account will be opened. The information submitted will be verified and this can take up to 10 working days.
Benefits of a Foreign Bank Account
- Personal financial privacy.
- Funds are accessible from anywhere in the world via ATM.
- Funds are more difficult to seize or freeze by your home government.
- Opening of account does not require your presence.
- Banking information is kept confidential and cannot be shared with any authority.
- The account can be opened in as little as two weeks (this can take longer in other jurisdictions).
To download our general fee schedules